10.07.2012

DforV: Puff Stitch. FFFFFUUUUU

This is the hardest stitch I've ever tried to figure out.

One thing I've learned about crochet is that it's not an exact science.  It's not even a science at all.  There are less tutorials online for this than most of the other things I've tried to learn.  I just wanna make this....

This is the best tutorial I've found, but I still just can't get it.

There is also this video.

They seem to be a lot easier not in a flower.

But it just keeps turning into this awkward mess.  I'm going to keep trying.....

So here are three different "interpretations".

left to right.

1. Using an I hook, magic circle, 5 single crochet and one join used as a stitch in the middle,  puff stitch (9 puffs) chain 3 on one side and 2 on the other.

2. Using I hook, magic circle, 11 single crochet and 1 join used as a stitch in the middle, combined puff stitch (5 in the first and 5 in the second)  ***SIDENOTE*** The only reason to split it up like this is to make it easier to get the hook in the single crochet stitch.  It gets to be difficult the more you put in.  Chain 3 on both sides.

3. Using a G hook, magic circle,  5 single crochet and one join used as a stitch in the middle,  puff stitch (9 puffs) chain 3 on one side and 3 on the other.

As you can see, there is only slight variation, but they look a little different.  I wanted a larger one as I will need a TON of these.  But the smallest looks the best.  I prefer the small center.



And away we go.





No comments:

Post a Comment