11.07.2012

OHSOCOZY!

One of the easiest things I've found to make are coffee cup cozies.  There is no real necessity for them, but they feel so nice.  Hot Chocolate is THAT much better with one.  It's like a glove for your mug.  You know you want one.  

I've got a pattern for a handle-less mug, but I really like this one I found tonight of a handle mug.  This is the original pattern I used.  Very cute site, check it out.


I tend to use the pattern, then take it out and modify it.  The way this is written works very well.  I changed it for the yarn I was using and because I wanted a more bulky feel but tighter fitting.  Also, I don't have any cute buttons and I'm impatient so I had to make it without them  :)





I love this shell stitch.  Its simple and much more interesting to look at than sc,sc,sc,sc,sc ugh.

Here is my pattern taken from the site and modified...

Let me know if I can help you with any questions at all!  :)

Materials:
Worsted weight yarn, preferably something easily washable
Size J hook

Stitches used:
Ch- chain
SlSt- slip stitch
SC- single crochet
DC- double crochet


Instructions:
Row 1- Ch 4, and SlSt into beginning chain to create a loop. Ch 2, (counts as a DC), and then make 11 DC in the loop, join to the top of the CH 2. (12)

Row 2- Ch 2, make a DC in same stitch as the CH 2 just made, then make 2 DC in each stitch around, join to top of chain 2. (24)

Row 4- Ch 1, make 1 SC in front loops only in each stitch all the way around, join. (24)

Row 5- Ch 1, (make 1 SC and 1 DC both in the same next stitch, skip next stitch), repeat parenthesis all the way around until 3 stitches are left unworked. 1 SC in the next stitch. Chain 1 and turn

Row 6-  Make 1 SC, and 1 DC in the stitch above the DC from the previous row. Repeat all the way around until 1 stitch is left undone. Make 1 SC in that last stitch. Chain 1, TURN. Repeat row 6 until the mug cozy is the desired height of your cup (about 5 for a normal size mug)

Row 7- Sc around top to beginning.  Sl 4 and join to opposite side.  Sc around the opening to complete.  Sl and tie off. (please note that I did a ch8 in the gray one above. this is when I realized 4 would be more appropriate.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment