12.27.2012

Sewing: Crochet Hook Case

I found this on Pinterest.

Its awesome.  I needed something cool to put my hooks in so I gave it a try.

Keep in mind I am not a seamstress.  But I like it  :)

The link above gives some great examples, I also documented my experience for a hook case.

The book I found a a thrift store and thought it was perfect.  I always say I love grannies cause of the symmetry.  "Brief Analytic Geometry".





Materials:  Glue gun, fabric, book with the pages out, exacto knife, ruler, scissors, and a piece of Bristol Board we had left over from another project.  (you want to add something like this or cardboard to the book binding to give it some structure.)

You will also need a sewing machine and stick pins.


So I tried to do this: 

But it totally didn't work out.  there was stitches everywhere and I was really nervous I was going to break the needle on the hooks.  I finished this piece but quickly threw it out.  I elected to go this route instead. 


I used the failed piece to measure out another piece.  It was 10cm by 10cm.  I kinda just put the hook on it and eye balled the sizing.  Its a cut up t-shirt so there is more give than most fabrics. (also, this is why I can't sew, too much "eye-ballin")


I used this stitch so I didn't have to try to fold it under and have an extra stitch.


Next I sewed on the reverse side.  A ruffle from the shirt to hold needles, and a little pouch to hold my scissors that I can't seem to keep my hands on.

Next you're going to hot glue it onto the book.  Don't forget you have to fold the edges under, don't glue to far out or you will have to rip it off.  I did.



Done.  :)  Like I said, Its not perfect.  But I really like learning more about my sewing machine and playing around with it.  :shrug:  I like it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment