2.22.2014

Free Pattern: Peter Pan Collar






I've been working on moving this blog to a wordpress site. It's been relatively easy (my husband is a Software Engineer). The only thing I'm nervous about is the About me section and photo. I wanted to make a collar to wear in the photo. Somehow I think it might just exquisitely capture my essence.  

Har.

So here is how I made it.  



Traditional Peter Pan Collar
Size: Adult
Length: 19”

Skill Level: Beginner/Intermediate

Materials

Caron Simply Soft Yarn.
(I used Blue Mint)
G/4.00mm Crochet Hook
Darting Needle to sew in ends

Knowledge needed

Chain (ch)
Half Double Crochet (hdc)
Single Crochet decrease (scdec)
Repeat (rep)



Chain 82 + 2 turning chain
Feel free to add increase the number of stitch, but make sure it stays an even number.

Row 1: HDC in each ch stitch across. (82 stitches)

Row 2: Ch2, complete an scdec in the first two hdc stitches, *hdc in the next two stitches, 2hdc in the next*. rep* to* until there are 2 stitches left.  Complete an scdec in the last 2 stitches.  (104 stitches)

Row 3: Ch2, complete an scdec in the first two hdc stitches, hdc in each stitch until there are 2 stitches left.  Complete an scdec in the last 2 stitches. (100 stitches)

Row 4: Ch2, complete an scdec in the first two hdc stitches, *hdc in the next five stitches, 2hdc in the next*. rep* to* until there are 2 stitches left.  (116 stitches)

Logic: A slight increasing rows will help to form a soft roundness to your collar and decreasing the ends will give a curve instead of a straight edge.  If you like the look of a pointed collar, instead of decreasing, hdc over those stitches instead.  

Please don't hesitate to comment below to let me know if you have any questions of need clarification! You can also comment if you like the pattern. ;)

Finishing

I didn't explain how to finish the collar cause there are a ton of different ways.  


Sew it directly onto the top or dress you are planning to wear it with.  I love this look, however, the red dress is on Betty cause It doesn't fit me.  :)


A pin.  This is a cross stitch pin I made for Violet's jacket.  It's a simple pin back and can be replaced and switched out very easily.


A bow.  Cause awwww.


Something else crocheted.  This little bow really does the trick, but you can always use a heart or a skull or whatever you can think of. 


Finally, a button.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment